2021 Fall Update: My client list is full, so I can no longer take on new clients, do brainstorming, have Zoom meetings, group essays, etc. But, time permitting, I can look at already-written essays on a draft-by-draft basis via Word or Google docs. Here are the fees for that service:
Tutoring/Editing — First Draft editing of main essay (when you’ve written a rough first draft and need suggested edits to get it polished, including suggestions in grammar, style and structure)– $200
Each additional draft of the same essay — $50
Supplemental essays (300 words or under) — $125 for first-draft edits; $50 for each additional look.
Supplemental essays (over 300 words) — $175 for first-draft edits; $75 for each additional look.
For the above services, please allow 48 hours’ turnaround for each look.
Most colleges require at least one essay, often through the Common Application. Many colleges require more. And, some colleges ask for “optional” (don’t let that word fool you — most are not optional!) short answers to quirky questions. Before deciding on what essay tutoring package you would like, it’s a good idea to look at the application requirements of the colleges to which you will be applying. Some of the “a la carte” services and complete packages I offer include:
- Organizing all of your essays (12 colleges or fewer) by deadline and type, grouping similar essays together
- Brainstorming to get to one First Draft of your main essay (when you have absolutely no idea where to start!)
- Tutoring/Editing — First Draft editing of main essay (when you’ve written a rough first draft and need suggested edits to get it polished, including suggestions in grammar, style and structure)
- Additional edits of the same essay
- Supplemental essays
- Complete package for University of California Personal Insight essays (four 350-word essays)
- Complete package for one main essay, from brainstorming to final draft (unlimited drafts — although I like to get you there as quickly and painlessly as possible!)
- Complete package for three, six or 12 colleges, all essays, from brainstorming to revising to polishing
A note about holiday rates: When I’m working with you, we agree to be done by December 15. If that doesn’t happen, well, I’m afraid I take terrible advantage of you folks who wait ’til the last minute. Above rates are double from December 15-January 5. (Mostly, it’s because I’m also a professional chorister and December is high singing season, so time is at a premium. And because it’s the holidays, darn it, and we all should be having fun! So get your applications done by December 15!)
Contact me for more information and for rates.